Google Meet competes in opposition to Zoom, Microsoft Groups, JioMeet and different video conferencing apps. Not too long ago, Google started rolling out a function that built-in the Google Meet button within the firm’s mail app, Gmail. This allowed customers to start out a gathering on Google Meet by merely clicking a button proper subsequent to the Mail button in Gmail for each Android and iOS.
Nonetheless, in the event you don’t love this alteration and need Google Meet and Gmail to work as separate apps, there is a solution to eliminate Meet in Gmail. Observe this information as we let you know find out how to take away the Google Meet tab out of your Gmail inbox. ‘
Take away Google Meet tab from Gmail
Earlier than we begin, it is best to know that not all customers can see the Google Meet tab within the Gmail app on their respective Android telephones or iPhones as a result of, as of now, the Google Meet tab is simply showing for individuals who have paid G Suite account on their units. Nonetheless, in the event you’re utilizing Gmail on a pc browser, the Meet tab will be discovered on the left, sitting proper above Hangouts. Observe these steps to take away Google Meet from Gmail.
Take away Google Meet tab from Gmail app on Android and iOS
Should you’re utilizing the Gmail app in your Android telephone or iPhone, and also you wish to disable the Google Meet tab in your inbox, comply with these steps.
- Open Gmail in your telephone > faucet the hamburger icon > go to Settings.
- Faucet your electronic mail handle to go forward. You will must individually disable the Meet tab for every of your electronic mail addresses, if in case you’ve got a number of accounts.
- Now, scroll down and find the Meet tab > uncheck Present the Meet tab for video calling.
- With this completed, your Gmail app will revert to its previous design.
Take away Google Meet tab from Gmail for Internet
Observe these steps to take away the Meet tab in Gmail for the net.
- On a pc, open Gmail > hit the cog icon to go to Settings > click on See all settings.
- Click on Chat and Meet > allow Cover the Meet part in the principle menu.
- That is it, you will not see the Meet tab residing over Hangouts anymore.
By following these easy steps, you’ll be able to take away the Google Meet tab from Gmail and revert to its previous design.